The proprietor of a Christian cafe in Blackpool was alerted by cops that Holy bible verses shown on a TELEVISION display breached public order legislations.
Jamie Murray, who runs the Salt and Light cafe in Layton, said he was told there had been a problem concerning "homophobic material".
He stated: "I was not told exactly what the offending words were.".
Lancashire Police stated it had to act upon grievances however apologised for the false impression of public order law.
Mr Murray stated 2 law enforcement agents visited him last week and informed him Bible knowledgeables on display in his cafe breached Part Five of the general public Order Act.
"I was quite incredulous at the means they treated me," he claimed.
"There was little regard and they were rather threatening.".
Mr Murray mentioned: "I did claim to the cops, 'are you seriously telling me I could be apprehended for playing the Holy bible silently on a screen?'.
"I was told, 'it stinks and homophobic product we protest'.".
'Insulting material'.
Mr Murray claimed he thought the verses that might have urged the browse through were from Romans chapter one, knowledgeables 26-27, which use the terms "versus nature" and also "indecent acts".
He claimed he asked the officers if he might play Bible knowledgeables which did not refer to homosexuality.
He stated the policemans replied they would certainly be considering anything that individuals might find offensive or disparaging.
He added: "I was merely incredulous considering that as all of us recognize the listing of points that we find offensive is large and diverse and also we do not anticipate the authorities to obtain entailed.".
Lancashire Authorities refuted that its officers told Mr Murray to remove any type of products.
A force statement added: "It appears that the officer has misunderstood the Public Order Act and we have apologised to the coffee shop proprietor for any distress we may have created.".
It claimed the constabulary respected all spiritual views yet said, "we have no concerns with the professionalism and trust or courtesy revealed by the officer".
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hTRorr7JIN0
http://newswire.net/newsroom/pr/00084948-christian-online-dating-website-christian-cafe-review.html
No comments:
Post a Comment